Join me for more Adventure
Paragliding in Bir Billing – Full Adventure Travel Guide to India’s Highest Paragliding Site
Considering the COVID-19 situation, different state governments have laid out their respective protocols for passengers entering in their states. Before you travel, make sure to read and understand the complete guidelines of the city/state you are travelling to and comply with the same so as to ease your travel plans.
Whenever I go for some Himalayan trek or somewhere on a long trip, I make sure to try one new adventure also if it could be possible and it should be India’s best adventure. The time I went for Dalhousie Snow trek with my school buddies, I decided to for Bir also for paragliding.
The reason I chose Bir Billing Paragliding because it is World 2nd best and India’s highest and best site for paragliding.
The level of this adventure is moderate.
Bir is a small village located near Palampur in Himachal Pradesh. It is located 30 km from Palampur. The flight time is 15-30 min but the whole activity takes 2 to 3 hours. The distance from Bir (landing site) to Billing (take-off site) is 18 km.
How to Reach Bir?
- Nearest Railway Station is Pathankot. (approximately 140 km away)
- Nearest Airport is Kangra Airport in Gaggal (approximately 65 km away)
- You can also go by train/bus/cab from Delhi.
October to June
The reason why you must visit Bir Billing for Paragliding?
- It is World’s second-best and India’s highest paragliding site.
- During your flight, you would be able to get the best view of Bir Village & Monastery surrounded by the Himalayan range.
- The wind pressure, the climate, the altitude makes this place perfect for long flights up to 2 hours.
- In 2015, the World Cup of Paragliding conducted in Bir Billing and all the top major countries have participated in it.
Going to such a beautiful place and if you have not shot the video, then it worthless. I have made a small 3-minute video (Youtube VLOG) of my experiences from this Bir Billing Paragliding.
Don’t forget to LIKE | SHARE | SUBSCRIBE
Connect with me on Instagram – instagram.com/travelwithayush
- There are n numbers of flying operators in this region. You can prebook from the website.
- Make sure the Pilot is well trained and professional and the operator should have permission to fly from Himachal Tourism.
- Videography from GoPro is available at an additional cost of 500 INR.
It’s a totally different adventure and you must try this once in a lifetime even if you have Height-o-Phobia.
So take out a couple of days from your so-called busy 9 to 5 schedule and try this adventure of flying in the air with an amazing view of Himalayas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is a tandem flight?
Answer: In Tandem flight 2 persons can fly at a time, one is guest (you) and second is pilot also known as a paraglider.
2. What is the cost of a tandem flight?
Answer: 2500 INR is the cost of Paragliding in Bir Billing.
3. Is it safe to do paragliding in Bir Billing?
Answer: Yes, the operators/tour agencies are taking every safety measures with good quality of equipment and the paraglider will be a trained pilot.
4. Which is the highest place in India for paragliding?
Answer: Bir-Billing near Palampur in Kangra district is the highest site at around 8000 ft. and considered as the best place for paragliding in India.
5. How can I go to Bir Billing?
Answer: Nearest Railway Station is Pathankot (approximately 140 km away). Nearest Airport is Kangra Airport in Gaggal (approximately 65 km away). You can also go by train/bus/cab from Delhi.
6. What Bir Billing is famous for?
Answer: Bir Billing is having India’s highest Paragliding site and Bir is also famous for ecotourism and meditation with a number of monasteries.
Note: The information I have provided is given based on my experience in 2018. There might be some difference with the current pricing, calculation or any type of information.